The St. Joseph Men’s Guild will meet Wednesday, November 14, beginning with Mass at 7:00 PM, followed by Benediction. Confession will be available at 6:30. Husbands and fathers, as well as those aspiring to marriage, are always encouraged to attend. Spread the word!
The following work on the campus has been completed, contracted, or is being considered:
- A new water line has been run to the church.
- A dampener will be installed that should effectively reduce the blower noise in the church.
- An architect has been hired to put together plans for a new parish hall, to include classrooms and bathrooms for the church.
- The parish center has been winterized and bids will be obtained for its demolition.
- New and much-needed windows will be installed in the rectory in January.
Weekly or monthly donations and tithes can now be made via direct deposit! This can be done by clicking on the new “Online Giving” link on the parish website. The link is user-friendly and should be self-explanatory.
- To set up recurring donations, click the “First Time?” button and create an account.
- One-time “Quick” gifts are also possible through this link without logging in.
- A ConnectNow Giving App can also be downloaded to the phone, should that float one’s boat.
While direct deposit is encouraged, check and cash donations are still welcome. However, the envelope system will be discontinued at the end of November. After that time, for cash donations to be credited for tax purposes, please be sure to put your name and address on the envelope that is used so it can be identified and recorded. Thank you!
As the Sisters who live in the convent will be leaving by the end of the week, their long-time caretaker is also looking for a place to live where she can provide company, cleaning, and cooking in exchange for rent. If anyone knows of a senior woman who could use some able-bodied company and live-in help, please call the rectory. St. Rita, pray for us.
The parish “Gmail” address is in the final stages of being phased out, so please be sure to remove it from any email lists or strings. The priests can be reached by the parish phone number; messages are checked regularly. While a private email address for business purposes will be maintained, any immediate and necessary information (such as a Mass cancellation due to extreme heat in February) will be posted to the website. Announcements for the bulletin can be submitted to the parish office. Thank you!