Blessed Anna Taigi Guild
The women of the Blessed Anna Taigi’s Guild (formerly St. Martha’s Guild) seek to deepen their interior life through prayer, sacrifice and penance and the Works of Mercy. The Guild is open to all women of the parish and their friends and we heartily invite you to join us.
We meet at 7pm in the church on the second Wednesday of each month.
- Prayers to Mother of Perpetual Help
- Talk from Father Bauknecht
- Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament with 15 min for adoration Closing with Benediction
- Meet in parish center for refreshment and social time/discussion on Father’s talk
We typically wrap up between 9-10. We would encourage people to come even if they cannot be there right at 7 or if you cannot come up to the parish center.
We meet at 7 PM in the church the second Wednesday of each month.
January 10, 2018
The Crowning with Thorns – ENVY
February 10, 2018
March 14, 2018
The Carrying of the Cross – ANGER
April 11, 2018
“Sitio” ( I Thirst) Christ’s Atonement – INTEMPERANCE
May 9, 2018
The Crucifixion – TEPIDITY
We chose Bl. Anna because she, like most of the women in this guild, was a wife and mother. God called her from the love of worldly pleasures of beautiful clothes and jewelry, food and the gifts of a doting husband. She answered by denying herself all of these things and replacing them with prayer, self- denial, sacrifice, penance, works of mercy. She became a victim soul for the conversion of sinners. She was also a lay Trinitarian, an order approved by Pope Innocent the III in 1198 for the ransom of the captives from the non-Christians.
We are all captives, captives to sin, vice, worldly attachments and negligence. Our mission is to ransom souls, our own and others, by prayer, sacrifice and penance and works of mercy.
- Meet once a month
- Unite in praying Holy Mass on Tuesdays and Thursdays 630 am (present or not)
- Mother of Perpetual Help prayer daily.
Sacrifice and Penance
- Daily struggles
- Cleaning of the church
Works of Mercy
- Meals for those in need (new baby, death in family, times of hardship)